Terms and Guidelines
Your 12-month membership (with payment included) will automatically renew on the same day of your anniversary month and year. If you wish to cancel your renewal one year from your membership start date, please send a ticket to [email protected] at least one month prior to your scheduled renewal date.
Any claim or dispute between a member or prospective member and The ONE or any of its officers or employees, whether related to or arising out of this Application, a member's participation in the ONE, or otherwise, shall be resolved by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. The arbitrator's decision shall be final and legally binding, and judgment may be entered thereon. Each party shall be responsible for its share of the arbitration fees in accordance with the applicable rules of arbitration. In the event a party fails to proceed with arbitration, unsuccessfully challenges the arbitrator's award, or fails to comply with the arbitrator's award, the other party is entitled to costs of suit, including reasonable attorneys' fees, for having to compel arbitration or defend or enforce the award.
Limitations on Liability.
Regardless of the form of action, for any cause whatsoever related to or arising out of this Application, a member's participation in the ONE, or otherwise, in no event shall the ONE, its officers or employees be liable to you for any
loss, damage, claim or expense greater than the amount of yearly membership fee paid by you for your membership in the ONE. Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, in no event shall there be any liability to you or any third person for any consequential, indirect, special, incidental or punitive damages, regardless of the form of action, even if advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the damages were foreseeable.
I understand that my membership in The ONE is conditioned upon me abiding by all the terms and conditions set forth herein and those contained within The ONE Membership Guidelines.
The primary mission of The Organization of Networking Entrepreneurs is NOT referrals, but rather to build relationships that will increase the visibility and profitability of fellow businesses. Membership is a privilege and opportunity; therefore, each member is asked to follow all ONE guidelines and policies to the best of the members abilities in order to produce a high level of professionalism and support for each member.
1.Membership seating is NOT limited to one person or business per profession per chapter. Presidents may add multiple seats of the same profession, as The ONE believes collaboration is better than competition. The President may run his/her chapter according to their own needs, but should consult current seat holder prior to adding multiple seats in the same profession (limitation is up to Chapter President).
2. A member of a ONE chapter MAY be (and is ENCOURAGED to be) a member of any other chapter or networking organization. The more you network, the more you grow!
3. Members must ensure they have a current/accurate listing on chapter roster. Membership will auto-renew annually, therefore, member must submit help ticket to The ONE for removal/cancellation.
4. Members are expected to follow up in a timely and professional manner on all leads/referrals given to them by fellow members.
5.When determining acceptance into a chapter, the ONE will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
6. All memberships are for one term at a time, and fees are non-refundable if a members resigns or is removed from a chapter prior to completing their membership term.
7. Your membership will begin on the day you sign up and will renew automatically the following year. If you wish to update your information for the directory or cancel your renewal please notify [email protected]
8. Referrals and leads are good, but when possible, referrals are preferred. Let's helps each other grow via word of mouth/referral marketing.
9. Attendance - a member is allowed to miss no more than six chapter meetings during each six-month term. You are encouraged to arrange for a substitute to participate in your place should you be unable to avoid missing a meeting. Absences do not count if a substitute is present. Our goal is to represent your business every week, even if you are unable to attend.
10. Leave of absence-a member may request a leave of absence due to medical, military, family or job related reasons, such as an out of state or country assignment. Each request will be approved or disapproved by the President of the chapter on an individual basis. The member on leave is strongly advised to have a substitute in their place.
11. The chapter membership will petition the President and Vice President regarding decisions about membership, members to be placed on probation, and members to be removed for violation of ONE procedures. In the event of an issue, the President and Vice President will seek collaboration from the membership prior to making a decision.
12. Every member of a ONE chapter is a volunteer unless otherwise stipulated by ONE management. Leaders are here to help you get everything out of your membership as possible.
13. The ONE support positions are based solely on volunteers. New officers may be chosen at any time to maintain continuity if a leader is not performing or needs to step down for any reason.
14. Any member that wishes to change industries or classification within a chapter must be approved by the President. The chapter roster will be adjusted to reflect the changes, iti' when approved.
15. A visitor may visit a chapter two or three times, within reason. After two or three visits, an application must be in process. This is to protect, not only the integrity of the seats held by paying members, but to protect the reputation of the visitor as not to give the impression of "trying to get a free membership".
16. All memberships must be processed through The ONE website (www.theoneinpensacola.com). No cash or checks accepted.
17 . If a member becomes a detriment to the chapter, the Chapter Officers (collectively) have the authority to place the member on probation or remove them from the chapter. The Chapter Officers will ALWAYS work with a member to help them improve their skills and attitudes if problems arise. If you want to retain your membership, but need help, please ask!
18. The Member Minute should be used to teach others your business so they can bring you qualified referrals. The President may adjust the time to ensure the meeting begins and ends on time each week.
19. The ONE meetings are designed for each member to participate in networking inside and outside the meeting/ Meeting with other member’s one on one or in a group setting outside of normal meeting times is highly encouraged. We are here to build relationships, and relationships build businesses!
20. Presidents may offer a 10% discount on memberships veterans, emergency responders, teachers, or any other profession the President wishes. The discount will be honored each time he/she renews their annual membership. Thank You for Serving!
21. It is highly encouraged the chapter allows at least one FREE non-profit membership in each chapter. Chapters may have multiple NP’s. The FREE NP seat(s) may be vacated by the chapter president due to lack of participation/effort.
22. If a member sponsors three new members during their ONE membership, the member will become “3 and FREE” and will receive a free 1 year membership. FREE members must remain active within their respective chapters to remain FREE/ A help ticket must be submitted to The ONE for processing. *For members that hold multiple memberships, 3 and FREE only applies to the original membership.
23. Memberships must be PAID IN FULL for the membership to count towards the 3 and FREE and the member, once qualified, may continue to sponsor new members to obtain a FREE year for every 3 members sponsored and paid in full. There is no time limit and all numbers ‘roll over’ continuously. Sponsored members must be PAID IN FULL prior to the sponsors renewal date. If after the sponsors renewal date, the new member will count towards the NEXT membership renewal.
24. All items listed on this document are “guidelines” to help a leadership team effectively run their weekly meetings. Leaders may adjust to adapt to their own needs after prior written approval from The ONE. These guidelines may change without notice.
25. Be submitting a membership application you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, agree to, and will abide by all of the membership guidelines.
26. There are NO REFUNDS for any membership/application fees paid. Membership transfers will be considered on a case by case basis.
27. Dress code for The ONE meetings is “Business Casual”. Wear what you want, but please be within reasonable. No ripped jeans/shorts/sandals/flipflops. In a professional networking environment, how you present yourself is extremely important.
28. The “local” monthly chapter dues (if applicable) for the president, Vice-President, and Secretary/Treasurer should be waived for as long as they hold their leadership position. There is no ‘term limit’ and they may hold their position as long as they are active and effective in their leadership roles. The President may run/govern his/her chapter as needed to facilitate chapter needs.
29. Member authorizes The ONE and/or the local chapter to use photos taken at the meetings and events for website edits and marketing/advertising including social media unless otherwise discussed with The ONE.